Global Performance Academy students are different - Driven by passion and motivated to succeed.
GPA’s Overall Athletic Training approach brings together the opportunity to experience World Class Athletic development with their academic studies in a safe and enriching environment.
7:00 AM Arrive at Complex
– The day begins with students ready to challenge themselves and hit the Ice/Field for key Skills Development. Each day the student athletes will begin to understand time management and what it takes to be ready for training, including (Nutrition – Stretching – Equipment). Coaches will layout the plan for the day and begin.
8:30AM Locker Room
- Following the morning activities, coaches and student athletes meet in the locker room to discuss the morning training and specific “mental aspects” of the game.
- Student athletes move to a GPA classroom with computers and snacks. Each student athlete begins to work individually on their assignments, in our blended learning environment (Accredited Teacher/Staff in the classroom). This allows students to learn at their own pace, if your student is grasping the concepts being taught, they move on to the next challenge; but if they are struggling with a concept, instructors will help them to fully understand the curriculum before moving to the next building block.
Group Conversation – Occasional conversation and discussion within classroom on assignments/events or opportunity to engage the student athletes about current projects.
- Student athletes take a break for a nutritional lunch. GPT (Global Performance Time) is available and is a portion of the day where students can work on any project they are interested in exploring more deeply. It could be time spent meeting with a learning coach, work on a drill, or just be a kid with friends.
12:00PM Coaches Corner
– One of the most critical times of the day as the student athletes and coaches spend time watching, reviewing, and discussing, certain aspects of the game. Sessions are managed by the Coaching staff, and student athletes have the opportunity to talk/meet and engage with GPA Mentors and Partners about the game that they have been successful in.
12:15PM Educational II
- Student athletes move back to the GPA classroom with computers. Each student athlete continues to work individually on their assignment in our blended learning environment (Accredited Teacher/Staff in classroom to help).
Group Conversation – Occasional conversation and discussion within the classroom on assignments/events or opportunity to engage the student athletes about current projects.
– The game is more than pure skill and Core Fitness and Training plays an important role. Each student athlete will be greatly enhanced through the proper training, with World Class Instructors and Techniques that will help a body perform functional movements with strength, agility and balance. Our goal is to teach the student athletes how to become bigger, better, faster and stronger by increasing endurance, flexibility, balance, speed, agility and power.
At the end of the training segment, the student athletes settles in for debrief before the day ends.
3:00 PM Class
– Student Athletes are dismissed from GPA.
- If a student is productive during the class sessions, they can complete most of their assignments in the classroom, freeing up their "family" time in the evenings.